Thursday, June 7, 2012

Diamond Jubilee

So last weekend was the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.  Mum was desperate to see Gary Barlow's documentary but it wasn't shown on the few English speaking channels we have over here.  She did get to watch the concert with Dad and enjoyed seeing all the Royals.  Findlay, my big brother, was feeling homesick at the start of the week and asking to go back home so Mum decided to have a Jubilee Party.  She and Findlay made bunting and then we went out along our Avenue in search of some Red, White and Blue to wear.

Findlay was fine as Nanny had bought him a Team GB T-Shirt for the Olympics but Mum and I didn't really have much.  In the end Mum got nothing but put on a white top with denim shorts and red shoes and she bought me red, white and blue clippies which I wore with a little white dress.
After lunch I went for my nap and Findlay and Mum got ready for our party!  They hung the bunting and then Findlay filled bowls with sweets which he'd been given while Mum made pancakes at Fin's request.  Unfortunately it was the wrong flour so the pancakes were a bit doughy, not that Fin or I minded.








We sat and had our snack while watching Sky News' coverage of the day and finished it off by watching the Red Arrows flyover and the 21 gun salute.  Findlay loved it and I reckon it helped him get over his homesickness and enjoy being here more.

No comments:

Post a Comment